I used to always avoid salads with fruit in them, thinking that they just didn't belong there, but recently I've discovered how well fruits work in salads. In this one, for instance, the sweetness of mango adds a colorful touch to the salad that nicely pairs with the toasted pumpkin seeds and creamy avocado.
Click here to see Dinner Recipes in 30 Minutes or Less.
- 1 bunch curly kale, cut into strips
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 champagne mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 Tablespoon toasted pumpkin seeds
- Sprig of fresh parsley or cilantro, stems removed and roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Crumple the kale in your hand to tenderize it before placing it in the bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, toss to combine, and season to taste. Let sit for 30 minutes or serve immediately.