This delightful appetizer will please any guest. The hearty quail eggs topped with the salty green olives provide complex and delicious flavors you don’t find at the “average” cocktail party.
Recipe compliments of Takashi Yagihashi
- 8 toast points (or baguette sliced in 1/4 inch slices)
- 8 teaspoons minced green olives
- 4 hard boiled quail eggs, sliced in half
- 4 small cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 8 avocados, sliced in 36 pieces each
- 1 Tablespoon small capers
- 16 anchovies, julienned
- 2 Teaspoons aioli
- 2 Teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 leaves micro cilantro or fennel
Toast the baguette slices on each side then spread minced green olives on each slice. Place the quail egg, tomato, and avocado on top. Then sprinkle the capers on top. Place an anchovy piece and then a dot of aïoli on top. Drizzle with olive oil and add the micro cilantro. Repeat for the remaining toast points.