John Legend’s Hearty Chili
Try this hearty chili recipe from Chrissy Teigen’s cookbook, Cravings. The seasoned salt really amps up the flavor in this classic, comforting dish. Serve with sour cream and shredded cheese, or use as a topping for chili dogs!
- 1 Pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons seasoned salt, preferably Lawry’s
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Cups water
- 2 15-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 2 15-ounce cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
Cook beef, onion, and mushrooms in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 6-8 minutes, until the beef is browned. Drain the fat off the beef. Add the seasoned salt, chili powder, red pepper, and garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring the mixture to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 35 minutes, until the chili has thickened.