Jalapeño Jack Turkey Burgers
Lighten up your barbecue with turkey burgers on flat bread instead of buns. These Mexican-style burgers are flavored with chunky salsa and guacamole dip instead of cheese, making for a healthy game-day or everyday meal.
Always cook turkey to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- 1 32-ounce package turkey burgers, such as JENNIE-O® Jalapeño Jack Turkey Burgers
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2½ Cups cups onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup medium salsa, such as HERDEZ® Salsa Casera
- ⅓ Cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 6 buns or pieces flatbread, such as Flatout® Foldit® Flat Bread
- 1 Cup baby spinach or arugula leaves
- 6 Ounces guacamole, such as WHOLLY GUACAMOLE® classic dip
Cook the turkey burgers according to package directions. Always cook turkey to well done, an internal temperature of 165 degrees F as measured by a meat thermometer.
In a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray, cook the onions over medium heat or until softened and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add the salsa, cilantro, and honey, and stir. Cook until hot, about 2 minutes.
Spoon some of the onion mixture onto the bottom section of each flatbread. Add the turkey burger, spinach, and some guacamole. Replace sandwich tops and serve.