Italian Seafood Pealla
This is a traditional paella recipe with an Italian twist, and it's a great family-style meal because it can go right in the center of the table for everyone to serve themselves. Don’t forget to include fresh Italian bread to dip into the pan juices.
Click here to see more recipes on Cindy's Table.
- 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Cups Arborio or basmati rice
- One 28-ounce can San Marzano tomatoes
- 2 Cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 Teaspoon saffron threads, crushed
- 1/4 Teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt
- 1 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 Pound cooked lobster meat
- 1/2 Pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Pound kielbasa, sliced 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick
- One 10-ounce package frozen peas
- 1 Tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Heat the oil in a large ovenproof Dutch oven. Add the onions and cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the bell peppers and cook over medium heat for 5 more minutes. Lower the heat, add the garlic, and cook for 1 minute longer.
Stir in the rice, tomatoes,chicken stock, saffron, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil.
Cover the pot and place it in the oven. After 15 minutes, stir the rice gently with a wooden spoon, and return it to the oven to bake uncovered for 10 to 15 more minutes, until the rice is fully cooked.
Transfer the paella back to the stovetop. Add the shrimp, and cook the paella over medium heat for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the lobster, kielbasa, and peas, and stir gently. Cover the paella, and allow it to steam for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the parsley, garnish with lemon wedges, and serve hot.