Not to be a bit boasty or anything, but when cooking, there are a whole lot of fantastic Italian ingredients. Rich cheeses, salty, cured meats, oily olives — are you salivating yet? — are ideal and will always make a great spread as a starter or a dream base for a killer recipe.
Such is the story of this pasta salad — a food lover's dream. Try not to eat more than one dish, let's see how you do.
See all salad recipes.
- 1 Pound farfalle
- 1/4 Pound soppressata, cubed
- 1/4 Pound pepperoni, cubed
- 1/4 Pound imported prosciutto, cubed
- 1/4 Pound sharp provolone, cubed
- 1/4 Pound ricotta salata, cubed
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/4 Cup Sicilian olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 Cup cured black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 Cup arugula, packed and chopped roughly
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon spicy mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside in the refrigerator to cool. In a bowl, combine the meats and cheeses with the olives and arugula. After an hour or so, combine the pasta with the mixture. Fold in the olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder, and mustard. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.