Courtesy of FamilyFun Magazine. Photography ©Levi Brown.
- 2 scoops of your favorite ice cream
- 2 slices of bread, toasted, crusts trimmed
- Desired toppings: fruit, jam, chocolate syrup
To make a batch, first let the ice cream soften for 5 minutes. Toast the bread (we like the thin-sliced kind here) and trim off the crusts, then top with ice cream, smoothing it with the back of a spoon. Add fixings
Ice Cream Combinations:
1. Vanilla ice cream with sliced kiwis and strawberries on honey wheat bread.
2. Cherry-chocolate chip ice cream and whipped cream on sliced chocolate loaf cake.
3. Chocolate chip ice cream with sliced strawberries on white bread.
4. Pistachio ice cream and raspberries on honey wheat bread.
5. Vanilla ice cream and strawberry jam on cinnamon raisin bread.
6. Strawberry ice cream, strawberries, and peanut butter on white bread.