This chip and dip combo is full of flavor and is a cinch to make. Bake the pita wedges until they’re crisp, and then blend together roasted red bell peppers with almonds and other high-flavor ingredients.
It makes a great after-school snack for kids or happy-hour accompaniment for your favorite cocktail. — One Sheet Eats.
- Cooking spray
- 2 (6-inch) whole-wheat pitas
- 1/4 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon paprika
- 1 Cup bottled roasted red bell peppers
- 1/4 Cup Marcona almonds or dry-roasted almonds (about 11/4 ounces)
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon chopped fresh chives (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Cut each pita into 16 wedges. Carefully peel apart each wedge to make 2 thinner wedges.
Arrange the wedges in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Lightly coat the wedges with the cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon each of the salt and paprika. Bake at 400°F until lightly browned and crisp, about 6 minutes.
While the chips bake, place the bell peppers, almonds, oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, cumin, red pepper, and black pepper in a blender; add the remaining 1/8 teaspoon each salt and paprika.
Blend until smooth; garnish with the chives, if desired. Serve with the chips.
Recipes excerpted with permission from One Sheet Eats by Oxmoor House (Time Inc. Books, 2017)