Holiday Mint Squares Recipe
It’s no wonder these treats will be hard for anyone to resist — mint and chocolate chip have always been the perfect match. Before you know it, they’ll disappear off the table.
- 2 cups Oreo cookies, crushed finely
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces chocolate mint or peppermint candies, chopped
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Combine the Oreo cookie crumbs and butter in medium-sized bowl and mix well. Press the crumb mixture firmly onto the bottom of 9-by-13-inch pan. Place in the oven and bake for 6 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
In a medium-sized bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in the milk, eggs, and peppermint extract until smooth. Pour over the cooled cookie base. Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
In a heavy saucepan, melt the chocolate chips over low heat and drizzle over the top of the bars. Sprinkle the chopped candies over the top and cut into squares.