- 1 1-pound loaf country-style French bread
- 1 Pound cornbread
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 2 Cups diced celery
- 1 Cup diced onion
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 Cups halved California pitted dried plums
- 2 Cups pecan halves
- 1/4 Cup chopped parsley
- 4 Cups turkey broth, fat-free low sodium chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cut the French bread and cornbread into 1-inch cubes; spread on baking pans and leave to dry out overnight.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the celery, onions, and rosemary. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables soften, about 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, vegetables, dried plums, pecans, and parsley. Add the broth and mix gently but thoroughly; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a 4-quart shallow ovenproof baking dish; cover loosely with a sheet of foil. Bake 30 minutes; remove the foil and bake until the top browns, 15 to 20 minutes.