Here's a delicious vegan alternative to meatloaf that's easy to make using common off-the-shelf ingredients. Mushrooms lend a savory element to the protein- and fiber-packed quinoa. Try this recipe for dinner tonight.
- Cooking spray
- One 15-ounce can no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, minced
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1 Cup mushrooms, chopped coarsely
- 1 Cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons brown rice flour or whole-wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a standard bread pan or use a nonstick pan and set aside. Mash the black beans in a large bowl and combine all of the ingredients until evenly combined. Transfer to the pan, and pat down firmly and tightly using a spatula. Bake until firm and browned on the outside, for 45-60 minutes. Allow the loaf to cool and firm up before serving, about 15-20 minutes.