As a chef, kimchi is such a versatile ingredient in so many ways. Add it to stews, soups, or just eat it by itself. The recipe for the sauce itself can range from hot and sweet to hot and sour.
— Larry LaValley, Collective Kitchen at Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa's 3800 Ocean
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon ginger juice
- 1 Tablespoon garlic juice
- 3 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/3 Cup korean vinegar
- 1 Cup hot pepper paste
- 1/3 Cup Pepsi
- 1/3 Cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Asian pear juice
- 1 Tablespoon red wine
- 2 Pounds fresh hearts of palm, sliced
Combine all ingredients except sliced hearts of palm. Mix well.
Add hearts of palm fresh and serve.