- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried chile flakes
- 1 Teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 large carrots, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, cut into bite-size pieces
- 800 Milliliters canned plum tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup red lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 Cup cooked kidney beans or chickpeas
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
Put a large pan over a high heat. Melt coconut oil, and add onion and garlic. Lower the heat and cook for a few minutes until the onions have softened.
Add ginger, chile, cayenne, and cinnamon. Stir constantly so they don’t burn.
When the spices smell fragrant, add the remaining ingredients, apart from the beans and the herbs. Cover and simmer until the lentils are cooked and the vegetables are tender, approximately 30 minutes. If it is too dry, add a little water.
Add beans and herbs and let simmer for two more minutes.