Hash Brown Bun
Because potatoes are a favorite gluten-free alternative for hamburger buns, it’s important to realize there are plenty of ways to use them, like as hash browns.
- 1 Cup frozen, shredded low-fat hash browns, thawed and drained
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 Cup Sneaky Chef White Bean Purée
- 1/4 Cup gluten-free oat bran, or gluten-free oats finely processed
- 1/4 Cup shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or spray with oil).
In a medium-size bowl, mix together the hash browns, salt, onion powder, White Bean Purée, oat bran, cheese, and onion, if using. Form 1⁄4-cup sized scoops of the hash brown mixture into flat patties and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Spray the tops of the patties with oil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, flip the patties, spray the other side with oil, and bake for another 20 minutes.