- 2 (12 oz.) bottles hard apple cider
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (such as PERDUE PERFECT PORTIONS Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 12ths
- 1 Tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 4 Cups thinly shredded kale
In a medium saucepan combine 1 bottle of hard apple cider and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
Boil for about 15 minutes until reduced to ¼ cup.
Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper.
Heat a grill or grill pan over medium low heat.
Place the chicken breasts on the grill and cook for 5 to 6 minutes per side.
Baste with hard apple cider glaze during the last 5 minutes of grilling, being careful not to burn the glaze.
Chicken is done when a meat thermometer inserted in the center reaches 170°F.b
Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
Add the apple slices and sauté for 5 to 8 minutes until browned.
Transfer the cooked apples to a bowl and keep warm.
Add the remaining bottle of hard apple cider to the skillet and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until dressing is reduced to about ½ cup.
Remove from heat and swirl in the mustard.
Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and slice into serving pieces.
Divide the kale between 4 plates.
Top with slices of chicken and apples.
Pour the warm apple dressing over all and serve.