Smoked ham hock and a sprinkle of Parmesan adds savory depth to this hearty soup that's full of tender Idaho® potatoes, vegetables and black eyed peas.
- 2-3 large Idaho® potatoes, peeled and diced into ½ inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1 Cup dried black eyed peas
- 1 smoked ham hock
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 ribs of celery, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 5 chicken bouillon cubes
- 8 Cups water
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
Combine all ingredients to a 7-quart slow cooker.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Lift ham hock from the soup and use a fork to shred meat from the bone. Add meat back to the slow cooker.
Serve soup topped with grated Parmesan cheese.