- 4 eggs
- 2 Cups sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, plus more for the baking dish
- 1 1/4 Cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Cups chopped Halloween candy
Put the eggs and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment and beat at medium-high speed for 20 minutes. In a small pot, heat the butter until almost boiling, and slowly drizzle into the egg mixture.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Take a little of the egg mixture and mix into the cocoa powder in a separate bowl to avoid lumps and add back into the egg mixture. Add the salt, baking powder, and vanilla extract. Fold in the flour and then candy pieces. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and transfer the mixture to the baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes.