Grilled Zucchini with Kalamata Vinaigrette
This innovative recipe blends olives to create a richly flavored dressing, delicious on zucchini as well as other grilled vegetables.
- 1/2 Cup pitted Kalamata or other black olives
- 1 Tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 Cup water
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 medium-sized zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 small tomato, diced
Preheat a grill on medium-high heat.
In a blender or the bowl of a food processor, combine the olives, vinegar, pepper, water, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon of the salt. Blend until smooth and set aside.
Place the zucchini in a large bowl and toss with lemon juice, garlic, and remaining oil and salt. Grill until well marked and tender, 3-4 minutes per side. Layer zucchini on a platter, drizzling each layer with some vinaigrette and sprinkling with some tomato. Serve hot, warm, or room temperature.