- 2 zucchini or medium-sized yellow squash, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 Teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 thick-cut slices round country bread
- 1 large clove garlic, split
- 10 Ounces Brie, sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 Cup sunflower, radish, or other sprouts
Preheat a grill on medium-high heat or preheat the broiler. Brush the squash with oil and season with the salt and pepper. Grill or broil, turning once or twice, until tender and nicely browned, 6-8 minutes. Set aside.
Grill or broil the bread until just lightly browned, about 1 minute per side. Rub the bread on both sides with the garlic and then discard the garlic.
Cover the tops of the slices with Brie, place on a cool part of the grill, and cover the grill (or broil) until the cheese is somewhat melted. Top with the grilled squash, tomato, and sprouts. Cut each sandwich in half and serve.