- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 Cup white miso
- 1/2 Teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon thinly sliced scallion, plus more for garnish
- 1 Pound shelled and deveined shrimp
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon pickled mustard seeds in brine
In a food processor, combine butter, miso, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Purée until smooth. Add the scallion and pulse until just incorporated. Scrape the miso butter into a large bowl, and set aside.
In a separate large bowl, toss the shrimp with the oil, garlic, chili powder, and salt. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Light a grill. Grill the shrimp over high heat, turning once, until just cooked through, about 4 minutes.
Immediately add the cooked shrimp to the miso butter and toss until well coated. Garnish with scallions, and mustard seeds.