Grilled Salmon with Yogurt Wasabi Sauce
This recipe adds a bit of spice to your summertime grilled salmon recipe. Using Greek yogurt as the base of the sauce, it's incredibly easy to make, too.
- 1/2 Cup Greek yogurt, such as Plain 0% Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
- One 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 Teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1/2 Teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Four 6-ounce skinless salmon fillets
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, avocado, ginger, wasabi, soy sauce, and ½ teaspoon of the salt. Cover and chill.
Place the salmon on a cutting board. Rub the top and bottom of the fillets with canola oil and season with remaining 1 teaspoon of the salt.
Heat a grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Place the salmon in the pan, flat-side up. Cook until browned, about 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and serve with the chilled sauce.