- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Salt, to taste
- Olive oil
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce
In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, and pepper. Stir in the Parmigiano-Reggiano, and season with salt to taste.
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Oil the grill grates.
Remove any wilting leaves from the romaine hearts, then cut the hearts in half length-wise, leaving the ends in tact to hold each half together. Brush them lightly with oil.
Grill until char marks appear on the lettuce, and the leaves being to wilt slightly, about 6 minutes, turning once or twice during this time.
Serve drizzled with the vinaigrette.