- 2 Teaspoons honey
- 1/4 Teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 6 Ounces package Laura Chenel’s original log
- 1 Ounce slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- 2 Tablespoons fig preserves
- 2 Teaspoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Cooking spray
Combine honey, lemon rind, and goat cheese, stirring until well blended.
Spread one tablespoon goat cheese mixture on each of 4 bread slices; top each slice with 1 1/2 teaspoons preserves and 1/2 teaspoon basil.
Top with remaining bread slices. Lightly coat outside of bread with cooking spray.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Add 2 sandwiches to pan. Place a cast-iron or heavy skillet on top of sandwiches; press gently to flatten. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly toasted. (Leave cast-iron skillet on sandwiches while they cook.)
Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Serve at once.