Grilled Figs with Greek Yogurt and Spiced Nuts
Yogurt provides a refreshing balance to sweet grilled figs while spiced, sugared nuts add the perfect crunch. Layer in a parfait dish for an upscale presentation.
Click here to see In Season: Figs.
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 fresh Black Mission figs, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 Cup plain or lightly-sweetened Greek-style yogurt
- 16 cinnamon-spiced pecan or walnut halves
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk vinegar with sugar and cinnamon. Place fig halves in bowl and gently toss to coat; set aside.
If needed, coat the grill with a little olive oil, then preheat. Grill figs about 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until grill marks appear but figs are still somewhat firm. Transfer to a serving platter. (You can reserve the marinade for another use, if desired).
Allow figs to cool for about 5 minutes, then spoon a bit of yogurt onto the top of each fig half. Top with pecan or walnuts halves and serve.