- 1 eggplant
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large tomato
- 1/4 Cup marinated Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh basil, chopped
- 4 Ounces fresh mozzarella, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Slice eggplant into ½” thick rounds. Brush each slice with olive oil on both sides and sprinkle with salt.
Heat grill to medium heat. Grill whole pepper on all sides. Grill eggplant slices on both sides until tender and slightly charred, about 5 minutes.
Oil garlic cloves, wrap in foil, and roast on grill until soft and aromatic, about 15 minutes. Allow pepper, eggplant, and garlic to cool.
Dice the eggplant, seed and dice the pepper, and slice the tomato into wedges. Gently toss the vegetables with olives, oregano, basil, mozzarella, salt, and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning.