Grilled Chicken with Buffalo Barbecue Sauce
Love Buffalo wings? Then try this recipe, which turns Buffalo wing sauce into a quick barbecue sauce with the addition of vinegar, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, molasses, and other seasonings, giving everyday grilled chicken a serious boost of flavor.
- One 5-ounce bottle Tabasco® brand Buffalo Style Hot Sauce
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes with liquid
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dry granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ cup light molasses
- 3 pounds chicken, cut into pieces
Combine Tabasco Buffalo Style Hot Sauce, canned tomatoes, brown sugar, mustard, tomato paste, vinegar, curry powder, garlic, and salt in medium saucepan; heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in molasses.
Transfer mixture to blender; blend until smooth.
Brush 1/3 cup of sauce on chicken pieces. Cook on grill until desired doneness, brushing occasionally with sauce.