- 3/8 Cups olive oil, divided
- 2 Cups fresh corn kernels (about 2-3 ears)
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 ripe, fresh California avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored and seeded
- 2 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 2 green onions, light green and white sections thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/4 Cup red wine vinegar
Heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the corn, salt, and pepper, and sauté until the corn is heated through and tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside to cool.
Brush the avocado slices with a little of the oil and grill them for 30 seconds on each side on a hot grill.
Cut the avocados, bell pepper, and roasted poblanos into a small dice. Add to the sautéed corn along with the green onions, vinegar, and remaining olive oil.
Mix well and let sit for 20 to 30 minutes to blend the flavors. Serve at room temperature.