Green Curry Mole Chicken
October 31, 2014
Chef Qui's recipe this month shows us that chocolate does not have to just be eaten for dessert. This Green Curry Mole Chicken dish shows how chocolate can be used in a unique and delicious way.
- 1.5 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs diced and salted
- 1 piece of galangal or ginger sliced thin
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 bunch Thai Basil
- 2 stalks of lemon crash smashed but not chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp. green curry paste
- 3 Tbsp. of grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp. 70% or up dark chocolate or Mexican bitter chocolate minced
- 1 onion small diced
- 1 Tbsp. palm sugar
- 2 limes
- Fish sauce to taste
On medium heat in a large pot heat oil and add curry paste and toast and stir until aromatic. Add onions, lemon grass and garlic and chicken and lightly brown in curry oil mixture. Add coconut milk and shaved chocolate and stir until chocolate is dissolved. Add kaffir lime leaves and all the basil stems and simmer until chicken is cooked and curry tastes good. Season with fish sauce and lime juice to taste.
Garnish with basil leaves. Serve with toasted bread or steamed rice.