The two-sided heat and the compression of the waffle iron make for a quick and impressive quesadilla. You can use a Belgian or standard waffle iron for this recipe. This recipe was created by Will It Waffle, using PAM Cooking Spray.
• 4 flour tortillas
• PAM Cooking Spray
• 1 cup shredded Mexican-style cheese, such as queso Chihuahua or Monterey Jack
• ¼ cup chopped canned green chiles
1. Preheat the waffle iron on medium. Coat both sides of the waffle iron grid with PAM Cooking Spray
2. Place a tortilla on the waffle iron and, taking care because the waffle iron is hot, spread half of the cheese and half of the green chiles evenly across the tortilla, leaving a margin of an inch or so around the edge of the tortilla. Top with another tortilla and close the waffle iron.
3. Check the quesadilla after 3 minutes. When the cheese is melted and the tortilla has golden brown waffle marks, it is ready. Remove the quesadilla from the waffle iron.
4. Repeat Steps 2 and 3 with the remaining ingredients, cut into wedges, and serve.
For a more substantial meal, add one of the following to the tortilla in Step 2:
• ½ cup shredded chicken or pork
• ½ cup sliced steak
• ½ cup refried beans
Garnish with one or more of the following:
• Chopped scallion
• Crumbled bacon
• Sour cream