Blogger Heather Thoming has created a creamy, spicy queso dip, proving that the slow cooker is, in fact, good for everything. Watch how Heather makes it happen.
- 3 cans (4.5 ounceeach) chopped green chiles, such as Old El Paso
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 10 ounce white or regular American cheese loaf, cut into cubes
- 1 can refrigerated soft breadsticks, such as Pillsbury
- 1 cup finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried Mexican or regular oregano leaves
1 In 2-quart saucepan over medium to low heat, place green chiles and cumin. Slowly add cream cheese and American cheese, gently stirring and cooking until melted. Pour queso into warming dish or small slow cooker set on low heat setting to keep warm.
Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll dough onto lightly floured work surface. Separate dough into breadsticks. Cut each breadstick in half crosswise and then in half lengthwise to make 4 strips.
Sprinkle cheese and oregano on each dough strip; gently press cheese and oregano into dough. Twist each strip; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until brown and crisp. Serve breadsticks with warm dip.