Green Beans with Mint and Satsumas
Brightly flavored satsumas are the citrus base for this wonderful green bean dish, but you can substitute just about any citrus variety, such as clementines, tangerines, or blood oranges.
- 1 1/2 Pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 Teaspoons grated satsuma zest (of about 3 satsumas)
- 1/2 Cup satsuma juice (of about 3 satsumas)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon white or red miso
- 1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 Cup toasted pistachios, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons thinly sliced mint leaves
Steam the beans until tender and bright green, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the zest, juice, miso, and pepper. Place the green beans in a serving bowl or on a platter and drizzle with the miso dressing. Top with the pistachios and mint and serve warm or at room temperature.