There are very few people who don't like hummus. Why? Because hummus is a chameleon and can change its flavoring at the pinch of some garlic or a swirl or a swirl of roasted pepper. That said, what happens when you blend in a few traditional Greek inredients into the creamy spread? A whole lot of authenticity, thats what.
Serve with lightly toasted pita chips or create a Greek bar of sorts and accompany it with things like falafel, sliced meats, tzatziki, pickles and you have yourself a party!
Click here to see 6 Dip-Worthy Hummus Recipes.
- Two 16-ounce cans of chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 lemon, seeded and squeezed
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 3/4 cups sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Combine the first 5 ingredients (chickpeas, tahini, lemon, garlic, and olive oil) in a blender or food processor until smooth. When combined, spread out in a deep dish or bowl, and fold the dill in. After that, layer the remaining ingredients based on preference. With the olives and the sun-dried tomato, pour a bit of their oil into the hummus when adding them. Top with crumbled feta and serve.