- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 Cup chunky peanut butter
- 3/4 Cups dark brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg plus one egg white, whisked
- 3 Ounces chocolate (containing sixty- to sixty-eight percent cocoa solids), chopped into small chip-sized pieces
Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
In a small bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt to combine.
Mix the peanut butter with the brown sugar on low speed in a stand mixer using the paddle attachment for approximately 3 minutes. Add in the vanilla and eggs, and mix to combine. Add ingredients from small bowl and mix until fully combined. Add chocolate and mix until just combined.
Using a spoon, form cookies into 1 ¼ inch sized balls and place, evenly spaced, on a parchment lined sheet pan. Using the back of a fork, gently press balls down to form a disc shape.
Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely so cookies can firm up before eating.