Gluten-Free Barbecue Chicken Pizza
If you’re hosting guests with dietary restrictions, this recipe is one all guests can enjoy. You’ll love this unique take on traditional pizza so much, you may even serve it for your non-gluten-free crowd!
Credit: Chef Louise Mellor, Evite Contributor
- 16 -ounce package of gluten-free pizza crust, such as Bobs Red Mill gluten-free pizza crust plus enclosed yeast packet
- 1½ cups warm water
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Cup gluten-free barbecue sauce
- 2½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ medium red onion, cut into thin slices
- 2 Cups shredded chicken
- 2 pinches of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 Pinches of red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped and divided
reheat oven to 425 degrees.
Prepare the pizza crust with water, eggs, and olive oil according to the package directions.
Bake crusts for 7-9 minutes.
For each pizza, spread 1/2 cup of the barbecue sauce over the surface of the crust after it has been baked. Then top with half of the mozzarella cheese, half of the red onion, and half of the chicken. Sprinkle with cheese and red pepper flakes and bake for an additional 15-18 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.