- 2 Tablespoons tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cup almond flour
- 1/8 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 Cup chopped whole natural almonds
- 1/4 Cup chocolate chips
- chopped almonds, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cream together butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Blend in egg. Blend in almond milk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder, sea salt and baking powder. Add to butter mixture and blend just until mixed. Stir in chopped almonds and chocolate chips. Coat an 8 by 8 inch baking pan with non-sticking cooking spray.
Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before slicing and serving. Garnish with more chopped almonds or with sliced almonds, toasted.