- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Pound baby turnips, peeled and diced
- 1 Pound pearl onions, peeled and trimmed
- 1 Cup chicken stock or water
- 1/3 Cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 Cup fresh parsley, chopped
In a large sauté pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
Cook until the butter begins to foam and bubble; it will have a nutty aroma. Once the butter begins to turn a golden brown, add the turnips and onions; tossing to coat with the browned butter.
Add the chicken stock, sugar, and vinegar to the pan and cover with a tight fitting lid.
Increase heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil; reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 10 minutes.
Remove the lid and continue to cook until the sauce is thickened and shiny and the vegetables are tender, approximately 7-10 minutes.
Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with freshly chopped herbs.