Make dessert time really festive this year with this trifle recipe. This recipe combines a spiced vanilla pudding layered with fruits and gingerbread cake. Perfect to have on the dessert table during Christmas or New Year's dinner party.
For the Gingerbread Cake recipe, click here.
- 4 Cups gingerbread cake cubes
- 2 Cups sliced strawberries
- 2 can (15 ounces each) pear halves in juice
- 2 Cups half-and-half
- 2 packages (4-serving size each) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tub (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 Cup toasted sliced almonds
Prepare Gingerbread Cake. (See notes for recipe).
Cut 2/3 of the cake into 1/2-inch cubes (4 cups).
Drain pears, reserving 1/2 cup juice.
Cut pears into 1/2-inch pieces.
Mix pears, strawberries and reserved pear juice in a medium bowl.
Pour half-and-half into a large bowl.
Add pudding mixes, ginger and cinnamon; beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended.
Let stand for 5 minutes.
Gently stir in 2 cups of the whipped topping.
Layer 1/2 of the gingerbread cubes, fruit mixture and pudding mixture in a large serving bowl.
Top with the remaining 1 cup whipped topping.
Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
Sprinkle with almonds just before serving.
Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.