There’s no problem meeting fruit servings when you can sip them like this. Rather than making a daiquiri that’s loaded with alcohol and added sugar, this is gently spiked and loaded with seasonal fruit. It’s a perfect 100 calories — and perfect for poolside, a backyard BBQ, or any time you just wanna chill out. Sure, even in the morning, if you like. Move over mimosa! The recipe was created by Jackie Newgent, and was originally posted on her blog.
- 2 Ounces 80-proof white rum
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 Cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 Cup pitted Bing cherries, frozen
- 1/2 Cup frozen berries of choice
- 1 Tablespoon all-natural raspberry fruit spread
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
Add the rum, lime juice, watermelon, cherries, berries, fruit spread, and ginger to a blender container. Purée. Pour into chilled glasses, garnish each glass rim with a berry, if desired, and serve immediately.