This health-giving bowl is fiber-rich, vitamin-rich, antioxidant-rich, lipid-rich and full of skin-protective and glow-giving minerals selenium, copper, and zinc, plus it has the added boost of Glow Inner Beauty powder with pre- and probiotics to keep your gut happy and skin radiant. — Carla Oates, author of The Beauty Chef
The topping ingredients can be substituted according to personal taste or availability.
- 4 1/2 Ounces frozen blueberries
- 3 1/2 Ounces frozen unsweetened açai pulp, coarsely chopped
- 1 very ripe frozen banana, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 Cup coconut kefir or natural yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons The Beauty Chef Glow Inner Beauty Powder (optional)
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 Teaspoons cacao nibs (available from health food stores)
- 1 small ripe banana, peeled and sliced (for the topping)
- 6 –10 fresh blueberries (for the topping)
- 2 Tablespoons granola (for the topping — find Carla’s recipe in her book!)
- 1 Tablespoon pistachios, finely chopped (for the topping)
- 1 Tablespoon goji berries (for the topping)
- 1 Teaspoon bee pollen (for the topping, available from health food stores; not suitable for those with bee allergies)
- 1 Teaspoon hemp seeds (for the topping)
To make the smoothie, blend the blueberries, açai, banana, kefir or yogurt and Glow powder (if using), cinnamon, chia seeds, and cacao nibs in a high-speed blender, until smooth and creamy.
Pour the smoothie into two wide shallow serving bowls. Decorate with toppings. Eat immediately.
Adapted from The Beauty Chef by Carla Oates (Hardie Grant Books, August 2017)