- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and finely diced
- 1 Liter chicken or vegetable stock
- 60 Grams chervil, roughly chopped
- 100 Milliliters heavy cream
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the shallots, and cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Add the potato, and cook for 5 more minutes.
Pour in the stock, and bring to a simmer. Continue simmering until the potato is tender, about 10 minutes.
Take the soup off the heat, and add the chervil. Blend the soup with a stick blender or food processor until smooth.
Return the soup to the heat. Add the heavy cream. Reheat the soup over a low heat, being careful not to let it boil. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve hot, sprinkled with some extra sprigs of chervil.