- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 4 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 4 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Pound Fresh Blackberries Unsweetened, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 2 Cloves Garlic - minced
- 4 Tablespoons Finely minced Cilantro
- 1/4 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Khmeli Suneli Gerogian Spice Blend or substitute with equal parts ground tumeric, coriander and blue fenugreek)
- Pinch Red Cayenne Pepper
- Salt to taste
For the Chicken
1. Place flour and salt in a large plastic bag. Add the chicken breasts 2 at a time and shake to evenly coat them.
2, Shake off excess.
3. Add Vegetable oil to a heavy-bottomed saute pan and heat to medium.
4. Add the chicken and brown on both sides (about 5 minutes per side).
5. Chicken should be cooked through (an internal temperature of 170 degrees)
Blackberry (Rachuli) Sauce
1. Place the blackberries (leaving a few to garnish) in a fine wire strainer.
2. Press the berries in the strainer to extract the juice.
3. Yield about 2/3 cup - adjust seasoning depending on how much juice you are able to extract
4. Add the garlic, cilantro, lemon zest, lemon juice and dry spices and mix thoroughly.
1. Plate the chicken, drizzle with the sauce and garnish with the remaining berries