This delectable twist on everyone’s favorite cold soup has a big bite of garlic that could scare off Dracula himself. While you may not want to go searching for a hot date after a bowl, I guarantee you will be eager to use this recipe again.
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 English cucumber, roughly chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and roughly chopped
- ¼ red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a blender, combine the garlic, cucumber, red bell pepper, tomatoes, and onion, and purée until smooth. In a bowl, combine the olive oil, sherry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce, and whisk together. Pour the vinegar mixture into the blender and purée until smooth and evenly mixed together. Pour the mixture into a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.