Game Day Hoagie Dip
Transform the ultimate Italian-inspired sandwich into a rich, salty dip, perfect for all your tailgating feasts.
This recipe is courtesy of Food Network.
- 1 medium onion
- 2 pickled pepperoncini peppers
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 large tomato, halved and seeded
- 1/4 Pound sliced genoa salami
- 1/4 Pound sliced ham
- 1/4 Pound sliced prosciutto
- 1/4 Pound sliced roast turkey
- 1/4 Pound provolone cheese, sliced
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 10-inch round loaf Italian bread
- 8 hoagie rolls, cut into pieces, for dipping
Chop the onion, peppers, lettuce, tomato, meats, and cheese into small cubes.
Mix the vegetables, meat, and cheese together in a large bowl. Add the mayonnaise, olive oil, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes to the bowl, and stir it all together until it’s well combined. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Cut out the center of the loaf of bread to make a bowl (make sure you don’t cut through the bottom), and slice up the scraps. Scoop the hoagie dip into the hollow bread. Serve with extra bread and hoagie rolls to scoop.