"I think turmeric is one of the greatest spices we can add to our diets, especially because of its recently discovered link with fighting dementia. Ground turmeric is perfectly good, but grated fresh turmeric is even better. It’s probably not possible to have a curry every night of the week, so I try to think of other ways to incorporate it into my diet. This one works a charm." - Julie Montagu, The Flex Foodie.
Recipe excerpted with permission from cookbook Super Foods Super Fast: 100 Energizing Recipes To Make in 20 Minutes Or Less by Julie Montagu. Click here to purchase your own copy.
- 1 x 400 Milliliter (about 1 cup) coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- ½ banana, roughly chopped
- ½ green apple, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 Teaspoon ground ginger or grated fresh ginger
- 1 Teaspoon ground or freshly grated turmeric
- 100 Grams (1 cup) strawberries, chopped
- 100 Grams (3/4 cup) blueberries
- honey, for drizzling
Spoon the cream off the top of the coconut milk and add the milk below to a food processor or blender with the banana, apple, ginger and turmeric. Blitz until smooth, then pour into bowls and top with the strawberries, blueberries and a drizzle of honey. That’s all it takes – a super-easy way to get that super spice in!