- 1 Pound shrimp, peeled, deveined, and diced
- ¾ Cup fresh lime juice (about 8 limes)
- 1 shot tequila (1 ½ ounces)
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 small red onion or ½ large red onion, finely diced
- 1 large beefsteak tomato or 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ½ bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Tortilla chips or tostadas, for serving
Mix the shrimp and the lime juice and refrigerate until the shrimp turn opaque and slightly pink, about 15 minutes.
Remove the shrimp from the refrigerator and drain about half of the lime juice. Mix in the tequila, carrots, jalapeños, onions, tomatoes, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, and then gently fold in the avocado.
Serve the ceviche with tortilla chips or tostadas.