Fresh ATHENOS® Salsa
The Mediterranean meets the Southwest in this tomato salsa that is laced with green chilies, garlic, cucumbers, cilantro and crumbled feta cheese.
Substitute fresh mint for the cilantro.
- 2 Cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1/2 Cup chopped green peppers
- 1/2 Cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 Cup chopped, seeded, peeled cucumbers
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 pkg. (8 ounces) ATHENOS Traditional Feta Cheese, crumbled
Mix all ingredients except cheese.
Spread in 9-inch pie plate; top with cheese.
Serve with tortilla chips and cut-up assorted fresh vegetables.