- nonstick baking spray
- 1 package of devil's food cake mix
- eggs, oil and water as called for on cake mix package
- 1 2/3 Cup Halloween morsels divided, such as Nestlé Toll House
- 1 package of vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 3 Cups two-percent milk
- 1 bottle of neon green food coloring
- 30 plastic, two ounce cylindrical or mini dessert cups
Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat mini muffin cups with baking spray. A total of at least 60 mini cupcakes (2 per shooter) will be needed for the recipe. Prepare cake mix as directed on package. Fill prepared mini muffins cups 2/3 full. Top each batter with about 5 to 6 morsels. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 3 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Prepare pudding mix as directed. Tint frosting to desired shade with food coloring. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
Layer as follows in each cup: mini cupcake, teaspoon of pudding, mini cupcake and teaspoon of pudding. Top with remaining morsels. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
*Cylindrical cups can be purchased at party supply stores.