Spring is season of transition. We enter into the last months of school. The weather gets much warmer. Many people choose to eat healthier. If you’re looking to eat healthy this spring here is the perfect dish for you. This Florentine strata dish has the perfect combination of nutrition and excellent taste.
• PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
• 1 carton (15 oz each) Egg Beaters® Florentine
• 1/4 cup lowfat (1%) milk
• 3 cups French bread cubes (3/4-inch cubes)
• 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
• 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
• 1 pkg (6 oz each) baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
• 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, drained well
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 8x8-inch glass baking dish and large skillet with cooking spray; set aside. Combine Egg Beaters, milk, bread, 1/4 cup cheese and pepper in large bowl. Toss until bread is coated well.
2. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add spinach; cook and stir until wilted. Add spinach mixture to Egg Beaters mixture; stir to combine. Gently stir in drained tomatoes just until combined. Place mixture in dish; top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
3. Bake 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes.
• 275 CALORIES
• 7g TOTAL FAT
• 20g PROTEIN
• Serving Size: 4 servings (1/4th recipe each)