Fire Breathing Dragon
With a heady mixture of Thai chili syrup, lemongrass syrup, and pink peppercorn, this dramatic drink — topped off with ‘smoking,’ liquid nitrogen-charged raspberries — is a hot choice at the swanky Chandelier Bar in Las Vegas’ hottest new hotel, The Cosmopolitan. Mixologist Mariena Mercer’s cocktail can be recreated at home — no liquid nitrogen required.
- Ground pink peppercorns, for rim
- 1 ounce Thai Chili Syrup, plus additional for rim
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce lemongrass syrup
- 1 ounce raspberry puree
- 2 ounces Bacardi DragonBerry
- 2 raspberries for garnish
Dip the rim of a cocktail glass in Thai chili syrup and then pink peppercorn dust. Combine all ingredients into a shaker filled with ice. Strain into the cocktail glass rimmed with pink peppercorns. Garnish with raspberries.