- 2 Cups dried fava beans
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon fine sea salt
Place the beans in a large bowl with enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Let them soak overnight.
Drain the soaked beans. Remove the outer shell from each fava bean and discard. Place the peeled beans in a large saucepot. Cover with cold water by 2 inches and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer, until the beans are very tender, about 30 minutes.
Drain the beans and place in the bowl of a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and process until puréed.